Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just wanted to share my anxieties of my new project. It is my Mum's birthday next week, and she has requested some fabulous pajamas. When my glorious friend was working at a fabric and patch working shop, there was a beautiful pair of PJ's hanging over the front counter, in the most gorgeous Moda fabric. But the pattern had sold out! I had been planning on eventually making these for mum, and the idea got stored in the ''....one day" project box. But when Mum said she needs new pajamas, the idea popped back out again!
Of course, gorgeous friend has since left the beautiful shop, A2F, and began her new uni adventure! So it was going to be a cross my fingers and hope they still had the... pattern project!
So one fine Saturday morning, my mum and I bounced off to find some fabric, and pray the shop still had the pattern.

Picture is courtesy of sewthankful.com

We had one of those magical moments in a shop, when you find exactly what you wanted, (although you didn't know you did!) in a matter of minutes! Grabbed the pattern, which was in plentiful supply, and ventured over to the patchwork fabric and viola! New fabric from Michael Miller in the Ginger Blossom collection jumped out and grabbed us both!







Pictures courtesy of A2F and Michael Miller website

We have matched the Water lily print with a glorious pale pink spot fabric and a mint green little spot fabric. I am making the pajama's on the right in the above picture. So the top will be mainly the water lillies, and the pants mainly in the pale pink spot fabric, with the contrast being the mint green spots!
I'm really excited about it, although it looks a little technical! Will keep updated with progress photos!

No comments: